Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Queen Mary Chili Cheese Fries Competition Preview

This Saturday (2-11-2006) I will be competing in the Queen Mary Chili Cheese Fries Competition in Long Beach, CA. I know there will be some good eaters at the competition including #3 ranked eater Joey "Jaws" Chestnut, #6 Rich "The Locust" Lefevre, and #16 "Jalapeno" Jed Donahue, along with the usual cast of characters. Anyway, I hope to have a breakthrough performance, the top 6 places win money and that will be my goal. Well, screw that, my goal is to win always, anything less will be failure. Here are some pictures of some training I did recently eating 3.5 lbs of chili cheese fires in 15 minutes. I will probably need to break 4.5 - 5.0 lbs to have a chance....stay tuned for results.


3.5 lbs. of homemade chili cheese fries....no time to enjoy it though


A picture of the time just before I began eating
at 12:00 am...


I snapped a quick picture 7 minutes in and about 2.5 lbs eaten


The last pound went down slow, took about 15 minutes
overall to finish the whole 3.5 lbs. but definitely was not
at max speed or max capacity....I can eat more, and more...

No comments: