Friday, September 26, 2008

Krystal Square Off V Reflection

After being able to relax, vent and reflect on my Krystal Square Off experience this year, I feel much more at ease. I am absolutely devistated that I will not be in Chattanooga for the finals. I would be lying to myself if I tried to make any consolations for not being there. I did remove my top 10 list of things that are making me feel better about not being in the finals in my previous post. The truth is nothing is making me feel better. I was trying to make light of my failure and to try and laugh about it but in the end it my list probably sounded more like sour grapes than what I really wanted to convey which was humility in self deprecation.

I never want to be the person who makes excuses and blames others for things not going my way. I know I can do better. I do have a very compeitive personality, I am never comfortable losing and not reahcing my goals. I can be some what of a sore loser and I am not always proud of how I have acted after losing. But I never hold a grudge against anyone or anything but and I am a very positive person in gerneral. I am grateful for all of the experiences I have been lucky enough to have in competitive eating.

I am still very interested in what will happen in Chattanooga and I will miss the chance to revel in the post event recap and parties with my friends, those who participated, and the great people at Krystal. I am kinda rooting for Pat Bertoletti to pull off an upset just because I think he is due and that would be the most intiguing outcome. It seems almost impossible though that Kobayashi and Joey will not be there in the end. I will be watching and I will definitley be back next year with a chip on my shoulder and motivation not to miss the finals ever again in my career.

No comments: