Monday, December 04, 2006

A New Path for The Road to Nathan's

My Blog will change.

No longer will I write merely in observatory re-telling of competitive eating events and results (although this will still be part of my blog). I intend to be a bit more open and ethereal, more aloof and reflective. I hope to raise more questions and present more answers to myself and readers. This won't be a cosmic shift, I just want to open it up more, create more posts, utilize more of my creativity, and hopefully present a more telling and wholistic picture of who I am in the world of competitive eating.

Competitive eating is both figuratively and realistically an internal self-exploration for me and in my opinion, if you are a professional eater and you haven't learned anything new about what's inside of you, than you need to start doing something different. I'd like to share more of what I have experienced and learned, so here goes....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad you will be posting more frequently. I think you have one of the best competitive eater websites already so I can't wait for the new material. Also, did you drive all the way to New Mexico from Seattle? How long did it take? And what eating contest will we see you in next?

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Hey Jake. The only contest I ever ever been close enough to drive to was the Rib contest in Lincoln City, OR. Though a road trip to Vegas or California may be in the near future.

My next contest will be the Chock full o’ Nuts competition in New York on Dec. 20th.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik. Will you be competing in the upcoming Wing Bowl?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read new posts in your blog. I can't get enough CE info. Thanks for your kind words on another site. See you in NY.

Anonymous said...

that was weird. that previous post was from me

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Hey Bob, congrats again on your meatball victory, for making it to wingbowl and great year for you in general.

Jake - I don't know if I will get a chance to participate in Wing Bowl, I guess it is in the IFOCE's hands. It's too bad I can't try and qualify, I had a great stunt planned. I'm thinking about recording the stunt anyway and posting it here.

Anonymous said...

Yes, more posting!

Unknown said...

Jake-

You need to get on my hot dog blog.

www.hotdogsinthecity.com

Thanks
Jean

Unknown said...

oops i called you jake. I meant erik.