Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Huevos Rancheros Results

Here are the results from the Huevos Rancheros (Mexican style eggs) Spring Break contest held in South Padre Island, Texas (AKA the middle of no where) on March 18, 2006 (IFOCE rankings in paranethesis):


1st-Rich LeFevre(6) 7.75 lbs $1500
2nd-Crazy Legs Conti(19) 4.5 lbs $750
3rd-Erik the Red Denmark(NR) 3.5 lbs $250


That's right, I got 3rd and won some money! Yeah baby! Actually, I would have been severely disappointed if I finished out of the money in this contest. Although, scrambled eggs are not my favorite dish, the competition was limited and LeFevre, Crazy Legs and I were the only pros there (Not sure when exactly I turned Pro but its true, I am a Pro now, and now I can die a satisfied man).

South Padre Island was scattered with severely intoxicated, beligerent, underaged and flaunting spring breakers, where all it takes is a shiny beaded necklace, that in most normal circumstances no conscious human being would consider as collateral for a toothpick, to have women show you their breasts. What a beautiful place to be.

No comments: