Monday, March 20, 2006

Corned Beef and Cabbage Results

Corned beed and cabbage results from Ned Devine's Irish Pub in Boston, MA on March 16, 2006 (Current IFOCE rankings in paranthesis):

1. Pat Bertoletti (10), 5.75 pounds, $2500
2. Badlands Booker (5), 5 pounds, $1250
3. Tim “Eater X” Janus (7), 4.75, $750
4. Crazy Legs Conti (19), 4.5, $325
5. Pat from Moonachie Philbin (15), 3.75, $175
6. Erik the Red Denmark (NR), 3.5
6. Krazy Kevin Lipsitz (34), 3.5
8. Ryan Hodson (NR), 3
8. Ken “Mongo” Federighi (NR), 3
8. David “Brickhouse” Braunstein (NR), 3

The corned beef and cabbage actually tasted pretty good, though it was definitley hard to chew the corned beef after the first pound went down. I am disappointed that I didn't get over 4 lbs. because this would have put me in the money and definitely was in reach for me, I was not at capacity when the contest ended. Not bad though, I am getting closer to feeling like I can compete and win against the top in the world.

Here is a link to very good in depth article about the contest:
http://www.urbanhonking.com/digest/archives/2006/03/post.html

Pictures from Boston:

About 1 minute from the start of the contest I am
Sizing up the corned beef and cabbage while
Crazy Legs Conti (green hat) and Badlands booker
perform their pre-contest forms of meditation and Zen


Stuffing my face with Cabbage early in the contest



After the contest I took a proud picture with the famous Virgin Mary
Grilled Cheese Sandwich purchased by Golden Palace.Net for $28,000.
After seeing the Virgin Mary up close, I am definitely a believer!


More pictures and results from Huevos Rancheros Contest to come...

2 comments:

Liz said...

Makes you think about grilling up miracles for a living, doesn't it?

Congrats on a great showing in Boston and Texas!

Anonymous said...

I would have eaten the Virgin Mary if she decided to show her face in one of my grilled cheeses