Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jalapeno Eating Contest



This Saturday, 2-18-06, I will be flying to Laredo, Texas to compete in the nationally renowned Laredo jalapeno eating contest. I can't wait for this contest, I am confident I can win this one. Although, this is not an IFOCE event per se, many IFOCE eaters have competed and won this event in the past including #16 ranked "Jalapeno" Jed Donahue and #23 ranked "The Jalapeno King" Don Lerman. Donahue has the record with 152 jalapeno's eaten in 15 minutes - I will attempt to break this record. This should be a big breakout contest for me if I can win and set a record. The Jalapenos will be La Costena, pickled, and there will be 30 people in the contest as part of the Jalapeno Festival . They said they offer beer to drink during the contest which shows they are serious...check back for results

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man you so need to enter this unusual talent contest i know of... seriously!! email talent@heavy.com, shes my friend and she'll tell you about it. tell her i sent you... its a spring break performance and you could conceivably eat on stage for hundreds/thousands of people...

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik,

Well done on your quest to be the top finisher in the jalepeno eating contest. I too am a jalapeno eater and a finalist in our taverns local jalapeno eating contest. The finals are in 2 weeks in which I will go against 6 other finalists (from the other taverns). Do you have any tips I can use to gobble down more jalapenos than I could ever had imagined possible? Here is the run-down on rules:
2 minutes to eat as many pickled japs as you can.
I can squeeze them, pound them, gut them whatever...as long as they stay in my mouth and I swallow it counts. I can drink whatever I'd like. my personal best is 28 in two minutes, but I think I'm going to need 35+ to win...any help you can give me would be awesome. Keep up the great work!
~AJ