Monday, June 23, 2008

Detlef Schrempf Celebrity Golf Classic

Today I will be participating in the Detlef Schrempf Celebrity Golf Classic. I am honored to be a guest this year for the first time in the tournament and to help support Detlef's charity foundation. Ever since I started receiving recognition for competitive eating, it has been a parallel goal of mine to get myself in to the ring of celebrity golf tournaments. It is not like I know Detlef, I met him for the first time yesterday. But I am hoping I will make a good impression on my fellow celebrities/competitors and the people who will donate thousands of dollars to Detlef's great charities to participate in the event. I imagine I will have to play great golf in a 5-person scramble format and I will likely have to embark on some impromptu speed eating exhibition to really make my presence known. It should be a great time, that is if my team can win...

Check out the pics of the brochure with some of the honored guests that will be in attendance. Kato Kaelin has to be one of the most intriguing celecbrities; hopefully I won't get to drunk and ask him anything stupid like "did he (OJ) do it?" I am sure he has heard that one a million times.

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

Awesome! Good luck man!

SuperPaul said...

Great work, Red one!! You are officially a celebrity now!! Take lots of pictures, you know I would!!