Friday, June 22, 2007

Going for 'the Glory' this weekend

This weekend will be one of the most exciting and I am sure memorable weekends in MLE history. With the Nathan's Molly Pitcher, NJ qualifier that was won today by Pat Philbin (congrats Pat), and the four contests Saturday there will undoubtedly be enough food and winners to go around on the circuit. Nathan's qualifiers will be held in San Francisco and Atlanta tomorrow along with now circuit giant contest with a $10,000 purse, Shoo-Fly Pie in Lancaster, PA.

And then there is the Pigs' Feet eating Contest; sure to be one of the most classic novelty contests in MLE history to take place at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. I can't let a weekend like this go by without getting involved; since I have already qualified for Nathan's (thank God), and super sweet foods are never going to be good for me, I will be going for the glory of becoming the Pigs' Feet Eating Champion of the world.

The pigs' feet were originally supposed to be prepared as pickled pigs' feet (you know like the ones in that nasty red vinegar jar at the local biker bar) but apparently the supplier fell through so now a local butcher will provide the pigs' feet and they will be boiled and prepared with squeezed lemon juice. So, who knows how they will taste or feel now but from my limited encounter with the swine hoofs, they will be "challenging".


Yummmmmm..............

From what I have heard, Crazy Legs, Justin Mih, Skinnyboy, and I will be the ranked eaters in attendance. In addition, there is rumored be a challenge between the winner of the undercard Amateur Funnel Cake Champion and the winner of the Pigs' Feet Chmpion for additional cash.

The contest will take place at 3:00pm EST, I hope to be able to provide results immediately after the contest on my blog via my cellphone. Check back for results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Erik. You have more balls than me to stick those piggies feet in your mouth. Did you register for the blueberry pie? Since you have that scene listed as your favorite movie, I'm thinking you'd be way into doing that one.