Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Spot Shrimp Record Will Go Down!!

This Friday, September 22 at 4:30 pm (PST) I will be attempting to break "the Godfather" Hungry Charles Hardy's record for spot shrimp consumption. Hardy's record currently stands at 4 lbs. 9 oz. in 12 minutes. I am not sure exactly what contest the record was established but Charles said the record was established in August of 2002 in Alaska.

My record breaking attempt will be a highlight in this year's Groz with Gas-A-Thon , which is a huge one day live on-air and online charity effort including a charity auction to support local Seattle organizations. The three main charities that will benefit from this year's effort will be CAYA – Central Area Youth Association, Northwest Literacy Foundation, and Habitat for Humanity of East King County.

I am proud to be a part of this great effort and cause and I surely intend to set a new world record for spot shrimp in honor of these Seattle charities and participating organizations.

CLICK HERE to listen to radio interview with Charles Hardy and Me on with Groz and Gas on Tuesday, 9-19-06

I invite everyone in the Seattle locale to come down to Anthony's on Pier 66 in Seattle on Friday to be a part of it. The charity event will be going on from 10AM - 7PM(PST) and I will be eating around 4:30PM (PST). If you can't make it or you don't live near Seattle you can listen to the event live on the radio at 950 AM, or live on the Internet at 950kjr.com (click the 'listen live' button on the menu).

My participation in this event has been approved and sanctioned by the IFOCE so the record (if I break it) will be official.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the link from verizon wings

http://www.thedose.com/doseblog/wp-gallery2.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=610

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the record man! What's next, mayonaisse? You know you want to do mayo!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik. I heard you on P3, the Swedish radio station, this morning. Just keep up the good work, or something! /ellen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the record! Your somewhat of a star now here in Sweden!

/Jonas

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Thank you Sweden! I love Scandanavia and I really appreciate your support.