Wednesday, July 26, 2006

New IFOCE World Ranking

#12

The IFOCE updated their rankings yesterday and I moved up from #26 to #12. I was very satisfied in the beginning of the year when I was first ranked highly at #26. I believe I defended my ranking well; since being ranked, I only lost to one person ranked below me - Bryan Miller (was ranked #45) at the Nathan's Sunrise Qualifier in April. I did defeat numerous people ranked above me (I am not going to list them, that would be a dick move). But now the challenge becomes even greater to rise to the very top, to gain world titles, world records, and defeat the best in the world - those that I respect greatly. I look forward to the upcoming challenges in Sheboygan, Acoma, and Reno.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats; you earned it! Maybe we'll see you in Acoma.

Anonymous said...

Oops, not Acoma. But maybe ribs (your links are a little mixed!).

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Yeah, I was just trying to confuse you, I guess it worked. I am going to Acoma for jalapenos not ribs. I fixed the link, thanks Liz.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ranking. I am sure you will continue your climb. See you at Brats - HUGE after party.

Anonymous said...

dont feel so bad Eric i would trade places with you in a second. My ranking is unfair and stinks in my opinion. There are 14 eaters ranked above me that i have never faced or they haven't done that much for one to say they deserve to be where they are . Good luck with jalapenos I doubt if Lerman can beat you but he did own a jalapeno title in Laredo a few years ago.

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Thanks BB. Don't worry about the ranking, it is always better to be the hunter not the hunted. Hopefully we can meet up some time down the line.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik, Congrads on the new ranking, and yes, you did deserve it. Great hard work and dedication to the sport. Look forward to meeting you in SHeboygan.

-Domenico

Anonymous said...

Erik, congrats on your ranking. Its pretty cool to see your picture on the IFOCE website.
-Anthony and Marian

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»